I love to make stir fry for dinner. You can prepare it pretty quickly and it is usually very healthy. We have been using a lot more asparagus in our house, so I thought it would be a great addition to our stir fry. My boys don’t really like it so that is why I also added zucchini. The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can custom make it to include your favorite veggies. I think next time I may also add some broccoli. Clean out your fridge and add any vegetables that you need to use up.
I call it A to Z Chicken stir fry because you can add anything you want to it!
A To Z Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 2 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into pieces
- 2 Zucchinis, Chopped
- Any other vegetable you want to add (broccoli, snap peas, peppers, etc)
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Cut up the chicken into pieces and add them to a bowl with the soy sauce and honey and set aside while you chop up your vegetables . In a large frying pan add the coconut oil, add your chicken. If you want your chicken to brown a little remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and try not to add too much of the liquid into the pan – save it for later.
- In another large pan add a little coconut oil and all your vegetables. Cook them until they are soft – making sure the garlic doesn’t burn. I add a lid so they soften up faster.
- When the chicken and vegetables are cooked add the veggies to the chicken. Pour the honey and soy sauce mix into the pan. Also add the sesame oil. Heat for about 5 minutes and serve over rice!
That’s it! It is pretty easy and healthy. This serves our family of 5 with leftovers.