We love to eat Egg McMuffins but we don’t always have English Muffins in our house. I really love to make my own bread so finding a recipe that works for English Muffins. This recipe is easy – and it tastes really good. These are also really great with some jelly! Try it today and I know you will love it!
Bread Machine English Muffins
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 ¼ cups flour (see note below)
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add all the ingredients to the bread machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (I add the liquids to the bottom and the yeast is last.) Set the bread machine to dough cycle and wait.
- Once the cycle has finished place the dough out on a floured work surface.Roll until about 1 inch thickness.
- Use something to cut out the size of an English Muffin. (I use a large plastic cup and it’s the perfect size.) Place on a greased cookie sheet and let rise in a warm place for about an hour. They should double in thickness.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Each side should be brown. you don’t have to worry about them cooking inside. Also pre-heat the oven to 400*.
As they are done add them back to the cookie sheet. Place all the English Muffins in the oven at bake at 400°F for 8-10 minutes until they are cooked through. Split open and enjoy!
*Note about flour – I use all purpose flour and they turn out really great. You could also use bread flour.