Pin this on Pinterest
I have never been that great at making homemade brownies. They always sunk in the middle and didn’t taste chocolately enough. I had some leftover chocolate icing from my son’s birthday cake so I figured I would try to make some frosted brownies.If the brownies didn’t taste good we could just eat the icing 🙂
These brownies are gooey and chocolatey. You will not be disappointed. These are perfect with or without frosting.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate (I used Nestle Chocolate Chunks)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 pan and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt butter and chocolate chips. Add to mixing bowl and set aside and let cool. (I actually melted about half the bag of chips and added the other half to the batter.)
- Once it is cool add the sugars, eggs, vanilla and mix well.
- Add the cocoa, salt, and flour and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. (Be careful not to burn them – you want them to be a little gooey.)
Tip – Use a plastic knife to cut the perfect brownies.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Using an electric mixer, blend together butter and cocoa until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Slowly add in the milk until you have your desired consistency.
Tip – this is an awesome recipe for a cake. Double the recipe if you are going to make a 9×13 cake or 24 cupcakes.
You will not be disappointed with this recipe! You probably have the ingredients in your pantry!