I love making popcorn. I haven’t been using out microwave to make popcorn because I really love the way homemade popcorn taste when made on the stove top with coconut oil. It gives it just a little bit of sweetness. (Don’t worry you can’t taste the coconut.)
After making it a few times, I thought that I wanted to try to make it more like Kettle Corn and add some sugar to it. It was really delicious and very easy to make. So next time you are grocery shopping, add popcorn kernels to your list (and coconut oil if you aren’t already using it). Your family will love this. Just a little bit of kernels makes a ton of popcorn!
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup sugar
- salt to taste, optional
- In a large pan with a lid add the coconut oil.
- When it is melted add just 1 kernel. When this kernel pops – add the rest of the kernels and sugar.
- Replace the lid and shake it around. Make sure to shake it the whole time it is popping so no kernels burn at the bottom of the pan.
- When the popping stops, move off the burner and tilt the lid to let out the steam. After about a minute you can add it to a bowl and enjoy it!
See it’s super easy and fast! Plus I am sure it is a lit healthier than microwaved, buttery popcorn!