We love graham crackers so I have always wanted to make homemade crackers. I have seen a lot of recipes on the internet and they just looked so complicated! So I tried a few ingredients so see if it would work – and it did! These are awesome. Plus if you are trying to limit the sugar intake of your kids – these are sugar free.
I do like to sprinkle just a little bit of sugar on the tops of some of them – but they really don’t need it. I think I will also try to cut this recipe in half and bake it in a pie pan for a perfect graham cracker crust! Great for peanut butter pie or a cheesecake.
I love to spend time in the kitchen, so I love it when a recipe comes together so easy! Since you mix the dry and wet ingredients separate, I can have 2 kids helping me. Then I let my oldest cut the squares and poke it. It is a very fun recipe to make with kids. You can even sample the batter – since it also contains no eggs!
Homemade Graham Crackers
- 2 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 375*. Lightly grease a 17×11 inch cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients. In a large bowl mix the wet ingredients. Then pour the dry mix into the wet mix.
- Spread the mixture into the cookie sheet. I use the palm of my hand. I also divide the mixture into 4 ball and space them out around the pan. It makes it easier to spread it evenly for me.
- Precut the squares and poke each with a fork a few times. (This will make it easier to cut them when they are cooked.) Bake for 10 minutes. You do not want to over cook them.
- Serve & enjoy! They don’t last too long around my house. They are also perfect for S’mores!
I hope your family loves these as much as we do!
Monday 2nd of November 2020
Is there anything I can use instead of honey? I want to make these for my 9 month old
Friday 4th of December 2020
Im so sorry - I really don't know what else you could use, maybe corn syrup?
Friday 15th of January 2016
Have you tried this for pie crust yet? I have been looking for a healthier graham cracker recipe to use for a healthier pie crust recipe I have. just curious as to our experience!
Saturday 16th of January 2016
No but I think it would make a great crust. I remember when I made it I thought it would be perfect with my PB pie!