Sometimes I see a recipe online and I know I just have to make it! I go to my shopping list and add any ingredients I need so I can make it in the very near future.
Bacon and cheddar is a great combination. When I first saw this recipe at Fifteen Spatulas, it reminds me of a bacon egg and cheese biscuit – without the egg. I had never made scones before but it looked delicious! It wasn’t that difficult and it was scrumptious!
I can’t wait to eat the leftovers – although I am sure they taste best out of the oven. Our whole family loved these!
If you prefer sweet scones – visit my recipe for Raspberry White Chocolate Scones. I love the combination of raspberries with white chocolate!
Cheddar Bacon Scones
- 6 – 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 5 tbsp butter, grated
- 2/3 cup heavy cream + 2 Tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 400*. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cheese, bacon, and onions.
- Grate the butter and mix it into the dry mixture until crumbly. (I just use my hands to mix it.)
- Make a well in the middle and add the heavy cream. Start with 2/3 cups and add more if necessary. You want it to just be moist and you do not want to over mix it.
- Move it from the bowl to the cookie sheet and form it into a circle. Cut it into 8 triangles.
- Cook for 25 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.
It’s really not that difficult. I was able to prepare it in about 15 minutes and that included microwaving the bacon. Do you have a favorite scone recipe? Im hooked! I love how these tasted!