I have another great recipe to share! I have been cleaning out my pantry and fridge since we are going on a trip. It has been kinda fun. I have a few new frugal recipes to add to my collections. They other day I made no bake energy bites and Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta to use up some ingredients in my house. These recipes don’t just save me money – they save time because they are quick recipes!
Last night we had Chicken Picatta. That recipe was kind of a bust. We ended up not using the lemon sauce and just dipping the chicken in Ranch dressing. I had a little bit of rice and I always have pieces of spaghetti left over. So this is my recipe for a fake Rice a Roni recipe.
This recipe makes enough for 4 people.
Copy Cat Rice a Roni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup spaghetti broken into small pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1-½ – 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (less bouillon = less salty)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large sauce pan with a lid, melt butter. Add the spaghetti pieces and sauté over medium heat until the spaghetti is brown.
- Add water, rice, chicken bouillon, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Lower heat and cover. Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip – If rice and spaghetti are cooked but the mixture has too much water, remover the lid and cook for about 2 minutes for the water to evaporate.
This has to be a lot cheaper and better for you than buying the box version. This is a side dis that goes great with any meal!