This recipe for Pumpkin Butterscotch Doughnuts is so yummy. It’s such a great flavor combination. You can even use the same recipe for muffins and it would be great with a cream cheese drizzle.
Can you believe that Fall is just around the corner? Kids are back in school, football has started, it’s almost the playoffs in baseball and the weather is starting to cool off a little bit – well not in Florida but we have January 🙂 We love the flavors of the fall and if I lived somewhere cool, I would love to spend more time outside!
You can find so many great deals on pumpkin, so this is one of our favorite ways to use pumpkin. (Can you believe I don’t like pumpkin pie – I think it’s because of the texture.) So if you have a doughnut pan – this is a great recipe. You can also make these as muffins. The cooking times are a little longer but not much.
Pumpkin Butterscotch Doughnuts
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 (heaping) teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ (heaping) teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ (heaping) teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin ( I have also used fresh pumpkin puree)
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl.
- Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Fold in the butterscotch chips and pour into each doughnut space to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.Bake mini muffins for 12 to 14 or until cooked. (Oven temperatures can vary – so just check it to make sure it does not burn.)
I like to really taste the spices in my muffins so I put a heaping amount in the mix.
So what do you think? Are you going to try this recipe?
Are you looking for some more great Fall recipes? Check out all my Crock Pot Freezer meals.