When I meal plan and use my slow cooker, dinner time is so much easier. Between home school and working from home, dinner usually sneaks up on me. If I have a meal in the slow cooker all we need to worry about is getting the table set.
It’s always fun to try different recipes in our slow cooker. Slow Cooker Asian Lettuce Wraps has a ton of flavor and is really fun to eat. Add it to your meal rotation and tell me what you think!
Slow Cooker Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 oz. sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 head Bibb, Romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Cook ground chicken in microwave or stove until chicken is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Drain off liquid and transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Crumble chicken and stir in bell pepper, onion, garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Stir in water chestnuts, rice and scallions. Let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and enjoy!
If you like to use your slow cooker, make sure you check out my other recipes. I have 40 crock pot recipes that you can prep and freeze! This will save you so much time and money in the kitchen!
What is your favorite meal to cook in a slow cooker?