I really love using my slow cooker. It makes dinner time so much easier. I can just throw a few ingredients into my slow cooker and when it is dinnertime – dinner is done. I have 40 crock pot freezer meals that are separated into 5 meals that you can prepare in less than an hour. (You can even double the recipes and get 10 meals in about 90 minutes!)
So I thought what I would do is create a few new menus from my favorite slow cooker recipes. I will pick 5 dinners and give you a printable shopping list and recipes so that you can easily create these dinners in your kitchen.
It’s always so hard to pick just 5 recipes because I love them all so much. But for this set of recipes I am going to make Unstuffed Peppers, Chicken Fajitas,Rotisserie Chicken And Potatoes, Frito Chili, and Delicious Pot Roast.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (see note below to use ground beef)
- 1-14oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1-15oz. can tomato sauce
- 3-4 peppers chopped (use any color)
- ½ white onion, diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup rice (5 minute rice)*
- 1 cup cheddar cheese*
Write on the bag – cook on low for 6-7 hours or 4-5 hours on high. About 15 minutes before it is done add your rice. Five minutes before you serve it add about a cup of cheese on top to melt.
Instructions – Add the chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, onion, water, and bouillon to a large freezer bag. You will need the rice and cheese the day you prepare the meal. Serve with additional cheese if desired.
Note – you can substitute the chicken for about 1 ½ pounds ground beef. You can either cook it and let it cool before you add it to the bag. Or you can add it to the slow cooker the day you prepare your meal.
- 2 peppers (your favorite)
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- taco seasoning packet
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
You will also need tortillas, cheese, cream, etc.
- Put all the ingredients in a large freezer bag. (Make sure you label the bag with instructions.)
- When it’s time to cook it, dump it all in your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- When it’s cooked, shred the meat and add it back to the pepper mixture and serve on warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken And Potatoes
- 1 whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 3-4 potatoes, quartered (Don’t put in the freezer bag)
- Mix all the dry spices together. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, and under the skin of the breast.
- Add 4 whole garlic cloves inside the bird.
- Put in the freezer bag.
Write the following instructions on the bag:
- Quarter 3-4 potatoes and loosely wrap them in a few foil balls.
- Place them at the bottom of the Slow Cooker and put the chicken on top of the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups tomato puree (or diced tomatoes if you prefer)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bag Fritos
optional – shredded cheese and sour cream
Write on the bag – Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve over Fritos with your favorite chili topping.
Instructions – In a pan brown ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender. Drain off any fat and let cool completely. Place meat and remaining ingredients, except Fritos, into a large freezer bag.
Delicious Pot Roast
- 1 (2 ½ pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 packet of Ranch dressing mix (dry seasoning mix)
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 4 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup of water
- baby carrots (do not add to bag)
- Add all the meat, Ranch dressing packet, brown gravy packet, dried onion flakes, and water to a ziploc bag.
Write on the bag
- Add all the ingredients from the bag into the Slow Cooker. Add a bag of baby carrots.
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes. (Or you can add potatoes to the crock pot in the morning.)
You can double the ingredients for the gravy because it is so good!
- All Slow Cookers can cook at different temperatures, so please check your food to make sure you have the proper cooking time.
- The fuller the slow cooker, the longer it will take to cook your food.
- According to the official Crock Pot website, you can safely cook frozen meat in your slow cooker. If you still don’t like the idea, you can put the bag in the fridge the night before and it should be defrosted by the morning.
- You can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts. (Just don’t thaw the frozen chicken first – add it to the bag frozen.)
- Never put the plastic bag in the slow cooker. Always dump out the contents to prepare your meal.
- When you freeze the bag, make sure the frozen lump (for lack of a better work) will easily fit into your slow cooker.
- One reader suggested putting the dinners into slow cooker liners and then into the freezer bag.
- You can defrost the bag or you can add it to the slow cooker frozen. The cook times listed above are for frozen foods. You will cook it for about 45 minutes t0 hour less if it is defrosted.
Chicken Parmesan – this is an easy and delicious recipe that you can make in about an hour!