This shop, Starburst® Jellybean Doughnuts + Teacher Gift, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
Easter is right around the corner. We don’t have Spring Break until the first week of April, so I thought that my kids’ teachers could use a fun little gift to get them through the next few weeks. So after seeing all the Easter candy at Walmart I decided to make them some jellybean doughnuts with the delicious Starburst® Strawberry jellybeans.
I wanted to make them an Easter basket because they have been amazing with my kids. So on top of some fresh baked, delicious doughnuts I put together an adult Easter basket so that they could make these doughnuts at home plus a few extra goodies for them to enjoy.
Starburst® Strawberry Jellybean Doughnuts
- ⅓ cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 tsp Baking Soda
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 1½ cup Starburst® Jellybean
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease your doughnut pan and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix together the milk, sour cream, egg, butter, and vanilla.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar and combine well.
4. Fold in the jellybeans.
5. Add the batter to a large ziptop bag. Snip off the corner and pipe the batter into the doughnut pan. (Put the baggie in a cup so it’s easier to fill.)
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then place them on a wire rack.
7. Combine the icing ingredients and drizzle it over the doughnuts.
Tip – This recipe makes 12 doughnuts. If you only have one doughnut pan you will have to clean the pan, grease the pan, and add the batter.
If you want to recreate this basket here’s a few of the items you should purchase:
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups/spoons
- dish towel/pot holder
- doughnut pan
- plastic eggs
- Small cellophane bag (for the doughnuts)
- large cellophane bag (to wrap the items)
- M&M’s® Easter Candy
- DOVE® Milk Chocolate Easter Bunny
- DOVE® Solid Milk Chocolate Bunny
- Easter Mixed Brand Chocolates (package includes SNICKERS®, DOVE®, M&M’s®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, 3 Musketeers®)
- Easter M&M’s® Milk Chocolate
- Hubba Bubba® Bubble Tape
- Skittles® egg
- Skittles® tube
Place the items into the mixing bowl and place it on top of the doughnut pan. Wrap the cellophane bag around the items and tie it up with some pretty ribbons.
I had a lot of fun creating his basket and I know the teachers loved it! These doughnuts are amazing. You will never buy doughnuts again! Make sure you stop by Walmart to pick up everything you need! You can print these coupons below to save more money!
What’s your favorite Easter candy?
15+ Decadent Doughnut Recipes : Woman of Many Roles
Thursday 20th of February 2020
[…] Jelly Bean Doughnuts by Saving You Dinero […]
Celebrate Easter and Spring With Family Time Fun! | Why Not Mom
Thursday 9th of January 2020
[…] Janell at Saving You Dinero shares her delightful donuts recipe with jelly beans inside! It makes me want to go buy a donut baking pan so I can make these myself! A great idea to use your favorite flavored jelly beans! Oh man, I can just imagine how amazing these would smell baking in my oven can’t you? […]
80+ Delicious Homemade Donut Recipes #NationalDonutDay - For the Love of Food
Tuesday 1st of October 2019
[…] My Pure Plants 58. Glazed Cinnamon Bun Baked Donuts – Home Cooking Memories 59. Starburst Jellybean Doughnuts – Saving You Dinero 60. Baked Lemon Blueberry Donuts – The Love Nerds 61. […]
Thursday 17th of March 2016
I never thought to make doughnuts with Jellybeans! They sound delicious! (client)
Wednesday 16th of March 2016
Wow, now this sounds delicious. How great for a sweet treat.