I love to bake. Pretty much every night of the week we are in the kitchen whipping up a dessert. Most nights we share all our sweet treats! I have had the same chocolate chip cookie recipe for many years. My kids say it is the best ever – but I needed a change!
This recipe is crunchy on the outside and gooey in the center. You can add any kinds of chips but I like the mini-chips.
I have tried so many recipes for chocolate chip cookies and I haven’t been able to create a larger cookie that is soft and crunchy. I think I have found it with this recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour (possibly ¼ cup more)
- 2 cup mini chocolate chips (1 bag)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut up the butter into a few pieces. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 1 minute. You want it to be almost liquid but not warm.
- Using a stand mixer, mix the butter with the sugars until creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla. Mix until just mixed.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix it until it looks like cookie dough. If the dough sticks to your hands, add a little more flour.
- I use my 1 inch cookie scoop and use 2 scoops per cookie. Add them all to the cookie sheet and bake for about 11 minutes until the cookies look puffy and cooked and slightly brown.
- I like to remove them from the cookie sheet to a paper towel to cool.
This recipe makes about 30 cookies.
Do you have a favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies? My other chocolate chip cookie recipe that my kids love has a box of pudding in the batter. Do you use any secret ingredients in your cookies?