This Marshmallow Frosting Recipe is so easy! It’s perfect on cakes and cupcakes!
My daughter had this idea to make a smores cake so we threw some ingredients together to make a marshmallow buttercream icing. It’s so easy and you don’t need to use eggs!
It’s an easy recipe that uses marshmallow fluff. You don’t have to bake it and it is a recipe for marshmallow frosting that does not use cream of tartar.
Marshmallow Frosting Recipe
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 – 7oz jar marshmallow cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 – 1 ½ Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Instructions to make Marshmallow Frosting:
- In a stand-up mixer mix together the marshmallow fluff, butter, and vanilla. Beat for about 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add half the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream. Turn the mixer on low so that powdered sugar doesn’t go everywhere!
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until it’s well combined. Add about ½ tablespoon of heavy whipping cream if necessary.
This recipe will frost a 9×13 cake. a 9-inch layer cake or 24 cupcakes if icing with a knife and not piping the icing. I would do the recipe 1.5 times if you want to pipe the recipe onto the cupcakes.
I would love to use this recipe to make Smores marshmallow cupcakes. My kids thought it tasted so good! Plus it is so easy to just throw into a mixer. It’s a great way to add a little variety to your cakes.
Here’s a sneek peek of the cake I am working on! I will update this post when I publish the recipe!
More icing recipes:
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream
- The Best Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Buttercream Icing