This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #TysonBlackenedChickenStripsAtMeijer #CollectiveBias
I am busy and I am sure you have nights where you either have cereal for dinner or you have to run through the drive-thru so your family can have something for dinner.
Some nights it is almost impossible to get dinner on the table. But if you have a meal plan and have about 30 minutes, I have a recipe that you are going to love.
It’s Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips on top of fettuccine with an alfredo sauce that is topped with some fresh tomatoes. Grab a bag of salad and a loaf of Italian bread and you have a pretty fancy dinner that only took you 30 minutes to make.
The secret is the chicken. At Meijer, you will find Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips in the frozen food aisle. They are completely cooked – you just have to heat and serve them. They are made with 100% real, simple, all-natural* ingredients. I love their chicken because it is raised with no antibiotics ever!
They are just delicious chicken strips (no breading) that are covered in seasoning to add lots of flavor to your everyday meals. There are fewer calories, more protein, and less fat per serving! These are going to become a staple in my freezer.
This recipe requires a little multi-tasking but nothing crazy. You will want to pre-heat the oven to heat the chicken and start a pot of water to boil the pasta so these items are cooking while you are preparing the sauce.
If you have a cast-iron skillet, use that to prepare the sauce. It’s a very simple recipe with lots of flavor: Melt the butter, cook the garlic, and add some flour to thicken it. Add the half & half and lemon juice. Once that is nice and creamy you add the Parmesan cheese.
Your sauce is ready! Add the pasta – but don’t drain the pasta. I like to use tongs so there’s a little water still on the noodles to keep the sauce creamy. Toss it together, add the chicken and tomatoes and it’s done!
30 Minute Blackened Chicken Pasta
- 1 20oz package Of Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips
- ½ pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 ⅓ cups half and half
- 1 ½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese plus extra to garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cook your fettuccine. Add some salt. Once the water starts boiling, add the pasta and cook until it’s al dente.
- While the water is heating up, preheat the oven to 375* and place the Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips on a cookie sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. I prefer a cast-iron skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Whisk in the flour and let it heat for 60 seconds, stirring continuously – making sure there are no lumps.
- Slowly add the half & half to the pan along with the lemon juice and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually whisk in the Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously until the sauce is thick and well combined.
Assemble your Blackened Chicken Pasta
- Using tongs, remove the pasta from the pot, shake and excess water and add it to the sauce.
- Mix it until it’s well combined.
- Top the fettuccine with the diced tomatoes and the blackened chicken strips and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
Get it on the table and get to the next activity! I don’t dread the nights when we are pressed for time. I love having dinner with my family and with easy 30-minute meals – that is possible!
Tyson® Blackened Chicken Strips have endless possibilities to make you look like a rockstar in the kitchen. It’s delicious as an entrée or creates your own blackened chicken salads or a blackened chicken sandwich. It’s easy to make a quick meal.
This blackened chicken pasta recipe is going to become one of your go-to meals. I would even double the recipe and serve it to guests.
* Legal disclaimer: Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients