This is one of my favorite dinners. Even my kids love it! They actually eat most of the broccoli!
Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (14 oz ) frozen broccoli florets (You can start to cook this in a pot while you are cutting up the other stuff.)
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Boil broccoli in water according to the package directions. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet . Cook and stir onion until tender (about 5 minutes)
2. If necessary, pour the remaining 1 tablespoon oil into skillet with the onions. Cook and stir beef and garlic for a few minutes until cooked*. Add cooked broccoli to the pan.
3. Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, flour and water in small bowl. Add to skillet. Cook until heated through and sauce thickens.
Serve this with rice. I usually add 2 cups of minute rice to 2 cups of boiling water. Cook on low for 5 minutes in a covered pot.
*I have started to add the meat, garlic, and onion all to the pan at the same time and it tastes great! This tastes great with some Yummy Yummy sauce, which is just like the white sauce you get at Japanese steak houses.