I am not very crafty. I am horrible at DIY projects and my kids don’t do a lot of crafts at our house. I have been trying to be a little bit more of a mom that does crafts – so we have been doing some fun stuff. I had a play dough recipe written down that I wanted to try. It was so easy and it is the best play dough we have ever used. It’s so soft and easy to use! Plus we can make it any color we want!
We used it to work on our letters and numbers during our first week of home school. It was a success – my kids enjoyed this project.
DIY Play Dough
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tarter
- ⅓ salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I used coconut oil and it worked perfect – but you can use any type of oil.)
- Food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan whisk together flour, cream of tarter, and salt.
- Add water and oil and heat over media heat. If you want to add food coloring – this is when you add it.
- Stir until it starts to thicken. It will thicken quickly and start to get very hard to stir. It will start to come off the sides and make a large ball. Once that happens – it is done!
It took about 5 minutes to make this – it is that easy!