This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
Many people make New Year’s Resolutions. This year I want to make better choices. For me, that means no more soda and a lot less sugar. On my afternoon break, I will now enjoy Bigelow Teas and desserts made with Truvia®.
I have always loved to drink tea. I have many memories of drinking tea with my grandma. She would make it so sweet! I still enjoy sweet tea but gradually I am using less and less and switching to Truvia®.
If you haven’t heard of Truvia, it is an excellent alternative to sugar. Truvia® natural sweetness is born from the sweet leaves of the stevia plant. I love to bake so I have switched some of my recipes to Truvia® Baking Blend. It is a blend of Truvia® Natural Sweetener and sugar with 75% fewer calories per serving than sugar.
I just replace the sugar in the recipe with half the amount of sugar as a regular recipe. The 1.5-pound bag of Truvia® Baking Blend is equal to a 7-pound bag of sugar.
I always have bananas in my kitchen. For some reason, my kids will not eat a banana even if it has a tiny black spot. So I love to use up my bananas in a muffin recipe. If I need a mid-day break I like to have a nice cup of tea and a muffin – both sweetened with Truvia®.
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 3 Tablespoon softened butter
- 2 Tablespoon Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash bananas and place in a separate bowl along with melted butter, salt, baking powder, baking soda, egg, Truvía® Baking Blend, and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon muffin batter into a muffin tin with liners.
- Make the crumb topping: Combine the flour, oats, walnuts, softened butter, and Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend in a medium bowl. Stir together until crumb consistency and Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Bake 2o minutes at 350°F.
Makes 9 muffins
Truvia is a great way to help me to manage my calories and sugars.
What is your favorite muffin recipe?