Cheese & Egg With Sausage Breakfast {Quick & Easy Breakfast}

by Janell on December 6, 2017

Thanks to Jimmy Dean® Sausage for sponsoring this conversation: Cheese & Egg With Sausage Breakfast {Quick & Easy Breakfast} All opinions are my own. #JimmyDeanSausage

What does breakfast look like at your house? Our mornings are a little crazy. In the county we live in, they believe that the middle and high school kids need to sleep in a little more so the elementary kids get the earliest shift. (I think it works – they have awesome test scores!) That means my kids would have to catch the bus at 6:25am. But that’s too early for us and it’s easier for me to wake up later and drive them to school. Plus it gives me a little extra time with them where we aren’t as distracted and we can just chat.

Before we head out the door it’s important that my kids have a full breakfast. When you are out of the house that early – a filling breakfast is essential. I have a few recipes that I can get on the table quickly and keep them fuller longer.

One trick I use is to buy Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties at Walmart. They also have Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Links that are delicious! From the microwave to table it’s about a minute. My kids love them and get excited when I serve them for breakfast. They are even packed into 2 stay-fresh packages.

Cheese & Egg With Sausage Breakfast {Quick & Easy Breakfast} #JimmyDeanSausage

This is also a great breakfast idea when you have family visiting over the holidays. It has many great memories from my childhood and I especially like to make it when my sisters come to visit.  I remember staying at my grandma’s house and waking up on Saturday mornings to this breakfast. Or it would be cooking on the stove while the turkey was in the oven.

I love that the eggs are quick and easy. They are not like your typical eggs with cheese. The cheese cooks with them to give them a different flavor.  You can even add some toast and fruit if they are really hungry. This is a weekend breakfast that can be served any day of the week and especially during the holidays!

Cheese & Egg With Sausage Breakfast {Quick & Easy Breakfast} #JimmyDeanSausage

Cheese & Eggs With Sausage Breakfast

• 4 eggs
  • 1 cup water
  • 4 oz cheddar cheese, in cubes
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties

Instructions:

1. Place the eggs into a medium size saucepan and scramble the eggs. Add the water, cheese, and some salt and pepper.
  2. Cook over medium heat and stir consistently. The mixture will slowly start to cook and you will know it is ready when it looks like scrambled eggs. It will take about 8-10 minutes.
  3. About 1 minute before the eggs are done, place the desired about of Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties in the microwave.

Cheese & Egg With Sausage Breakfast {Quick & Easy Breakfast}

The eggs will be have a broth with them that you can serve with the sausage if you like. It gives the eggs extra moisture and tastes good.

Head to Walmart and grab Jimmy Dean® Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties and make this for breakfast during the week! There’s no need to wait for the weekend to enjoy a big breakfast when you have these sausage patties in your house that heat up so fast.

{ 20 comments… read them below or add one }

Julie December 6, 2017 at 2:35 pm

yes! Fast and easy and tasty to boot. That’s how I prefer my meals.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? December 6, 2017 at 3:04 pm

These patties are so easy and quick..and they taste good, too!

Suzy Taylor Oakley December 6, 2017 at 6:54 pm

We tried both the pork and the turkey versions of the Jimmy Dean patties and loved both. Your eggs look yummy!

MeMe R December 7, 2017 at 6:31 am

My husband eats a version of this every morning, except minus the toast and add in some grits. It fills him up and last all day pretty much until dinner. It only takes me about 5mins to cook as well. I need quick meals in my wheel house because at every meal we eat differently. Those sausage patties are great to keep on hand but can get expensive. We buy the sausage logs and just cook those up, crumble them into the grits. It last the whole week.

robin rue December 11, 2017 at 6:56 am

What a hearty way to start the day! This breakfast sandwich sounds phenomenal.

Stacie December 11, 2017 at 8:02 am

I use these sausages for breakfast all the time! They are huge time savers, and they’re far less messy than cooking them up from scratch.

Michelle Waller December 11, 2017 at 11:39 am

We love a good sausage and scrambled egg breakfast in the mornings. I love how easy and convenient this makes it!

travel blogger December 11, 2017 at 2:32 pm

These sausage patties look great! I skip breakfast a lot, but my son loves eggs and sausage. I will have to grab some of these for him to try! They look yummy!

Amy Desrosiers December 11, 2017 at 4:34 pm

This looks so tasty! I love the flavors of cheese paired with sausage!

Liz Mays December 11, 2017 at 5:01 pm

I’d be happy to make a breakfast like this for my family. Those sausages are so perfect!

Bill Sweeney December 11, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Breakfast for us is very important everyday. My wife and I switch days making breakfast, so, on my next day, I may have to make this!

Melissa Chapman December 11, 2017 at 7:47 pm

I wish I had time to make a great breakfast like that on a regular school morning. A breakfast like that is something I would save for a lazy weekend and my son would love it.

AnnMarie John December 11, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Simple and easy but very good and the kids will love it! Thanks for the awesome breakfast idea! It’s perfect for busy mornings!

Myrah Duque December 11, 2017 at 8:37 pm

You are one lucky lady to be able to make breakfast like this often. My family adore me if I did. It looks so delicious!

Claudia Krusch December 11, 2017 at 9:17 pm

I need to pick up some Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties. We are having a few friends over for brunch this weekend. I am always looking for new breakfast ideas.

Brianne December 11, 2017 at 9:30 pm

This looks like a great breakfast! Eggs and sausage is the best to start your day!

Pam December 11, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Cheese eggs are the best eggs. My dad always made eggs with cheddar cheese, so now I only like them that way.

kristin December 11, 2017 at 11:45 pm

Oh these are so so good. I bet these are a favorite for your kiddos!

Rosey December 12, 2017 at 2:51 am

Our middle/high schools start later too. 🙂 This breakfast does look good!

Toni | Boulder Locavore December 12, 2017 at 3:11 am

This looks delicious! Easy to make breakfast are perfect for busy mornings!