Are you looking for an easy muffin recipe for the back to school craziness. You need to try this recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffins. They are not too sweet but they are very filling. Plus they freeze well. the recipe below made 24 muffins.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ cups oats
- 2- ⅔ cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1- ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350*. Place a muffin liner in 24 muffin tins.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Fill the cups about ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes until the muffins are cooked. My oven doesn’t brown very well but I can tell if I touch the middle of the muffin and it is firm.
Here’s a fun bonus for you. According to caloriecount.about.com here is the nutritional information about these muffins.