I have been trying really hard to eat healthy. You see in the past I would hardly eat a fruit or vegetable all day. So for the past 2 weeks I have been doing everything I can to get in my servings of fruits and veggies.
I am a little bit of a picky eater. So I need to find ways to be able to eat healthy by getting as many servings in at each meal. I have made this many times with chicken – but I thought it would also taste great with salmon. This is a very filling and healthy meal. Plus you can see the side items I added (quinoa, roasted asparagus, and an avocado) really helped me eat a very healthy meal!
I love salmon – I could just eat it sautéed with lemon juice. It is such a healthy fish and it doesn’t taste very “fishy” at all. If you are trying to eat more salmon try this recipe. If you like avocados, they are great to add to take out any “fishiness” you may taste.
Pico De Gallo Salmon
- 2 -3 6oz pieces of salmon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (you can also use butter)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ red onion, diced
- small handful of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- avocados (optional)
- In a large skillet melt the coconut oil. Add the salmon and brown on both sides.
- Add the other ingredients and cover. Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Flip the salmon and let it cook for about 2 minutes more. Dinner is done when the salmon is cooked through.
I like to eat this with quinoa and mashed up avocados. I mix it all together on my plate.
*The roasted asparagus recipe is coming this week. My husband has asked me if we can have asparagus every night for dinner!