I love to bake, so I am always trying out new flavor combinations. This week we had a party at my house for some of our friends. We had about 20 people at our house. I love cookies, but I didn’t have the energy to make cookies. I hate spooning them out and then taking them out of the oven and do it over and over again. I still make them – but since I knew I was going to be busy with other party stuff – I didn’t want to make cookies. So I decided to make bars.
Bars are the perfect party dessert.You can make a giant pan and it is super easy! No need to run in the kitchen every 8-9 minutes! I think this is my new go-to dessert. I love the layers. And the chocolate tastes like hot fudge. It’s amazing!
Oatmeal Fudge Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350*. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In mixer, cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. (Or you can mix it by hand -its just a little more work.)
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and quick oats.
- Press about ⅔ of the mixture in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- 1 12oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate chips and butter.
- Remove from heat and add sweetened condensed milk, salt, and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour all of the chocolate mixture over oatmeal dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining dough on top of chocolate layer.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes. Make sure you let the bars cool completely before cutting into bars.
Serve and enjoy!