Chipotle Beef Burritos is the perfect meal to come home to after being in the crockpot all day. You can also enjoy it as a rice bowl! It’s a great crock pot freezer meal!
Every Sunday after church my kids ask if we can go to Chipotle to eat lunch. I love Chipotle but feeding a family of 5 can be expensive. I can make my own Chipotle Beef Burritos for about half and then we have leftovers for lunch for a couple of days. I find it to taste better and I can customize it better to fit the needs of my family.
This is a great dinner any night of the week. I have been adding more slow cooker meals to my weekly menu because I feel so free at dinner time. The kids get home from school and we can just hang out. When it’s just about time to eat they help me get everything ready. Clean up is even easier (because we use paper plates) because the only thing to clean is the slow cooker and any utensils we use.
Slow cooker meals are a moms best friend. Did you know I have 40 slow cooker meals. They are broken into sets of 5 recipes so you can spend an hour on Sunday prepping all the meals an you have dinner all week. I even have a printable grocer list for you!
If your family loves to eat at Chipotle – you need to try this! I had a Facebook reader that used this recipe in a contest and he won! So dont just take my word that it’s delicious!
Here is the printable recipe for Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Burritos.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Burritos
- 1 London Broil or top round roast (2-3 pounds)
- 1 diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce (3 cups)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced – Use just 1 pepper!! (It’s in a can.)
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder (you can adjust this according to your taste)
- 2 cups of water
Additional ingredients – flour tortillas, beans, salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc. (Cilantro Lime Rice recipe below)
- Add all the above ingredients into your crockpot. You want it to have some juice when it’s all done, so you can add more water at the end if necessary.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-7 hours
- When the meat is cooked, you will need to strain the juices into another bowl (do not throw out the juice!) and add the juice back to the slow cooker. (You want to remove the peppercorns and onions.)
- Shred the meat and add back to the juice in the slow cooker for about 20 minutes.
- Serve in a tortilla with Cilantro Lime Rice and your favorite toppings!
- Grab a large freezer bad and write on the bag: Cook for 7 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. Add 2 cups of water to the slow cooker.
- Now add all the ingredients except the water to the freezer bag and freezer. You can dump the contents of the bag directly into the crock or put the bag in your fridge the day before to defrost.
* If you like the taste of chipotle but not the spiciness, you can remove the seeds.
Tip – Freeze remaining Chipotle Peppers to use later.
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2-3 tablespoons minced cilantro (Try cutting it with a scissor and I use about half of a bunch.)
- The juice of 3-4 limes
- salt to taste
Cook the rice according to the package directions. When it’s done mix it with the cilantro, lime juice, and salt . (If you are not using 5 minute rice you should prepare this ahead of time according to the rice instructions.) This is really just according to your taste. Add the ingredients, stir, and sample. Add more of the ingredients you are lacking.
Need help menu planning? Check out this post: