I love to make desserts that start with a box of brownie mix or cake mix. They taste so yummy the best thing is they don’t take much time and you can make them without making a huge mess! Plus with the extra ingredients – no one will ever know it is semi-homemade. Everyone needs an easy recipe for dessert!
I have a lot of recipes on my blog that starts with a cake mix or a brownie box mix and makes a delicious dessert! These are great recipes to make a cake mix better! Cake mix cookies are some of our favorite desserts!
- Brownie Buckeye Cookies – easy brownie cookies that also taste like buckeye candies.
- White Cake With Strawberries and White Chocolate Whipped Mousse
- Best Chocolate Cake Recipe – How To Make A Box of Chocolate Cake Mix Better
- Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream and A Chocolate Ganache
- Cookie Recipe With M&Ms
- Chocolate OREO-Stuffed Cookies Recipe
- Strawberry Kiss Cookies
Or try this great recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies if you want an easy cookie recipe that doesn’t use a box mix.
If you love brownies you are going to love these Brownie Mix Cookies. This recipe calls for just 5 simple ingredients. They could also be called Brownie Crinkle Cookies because of the pattern on top of the cookie once they bake.
Keep this recipe handy because it will be perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges and when you want to bring a treat to a friend! You can make these using any boxed brownie mix like Ghirardelli brownie mix cookies, Betty Crocker or Duncan Heins Brownie mix cookies.
Here are some tips to make sure these are the best brownie mix cookies! All brownie lovers will love these.
- This recipe is for a 20 oz box of brownies but many brands are adjusting their ingredients. So if the box is 18 ounces just add 2 additional tablespoons of flour to the batter so it’s not so gooey.
- If you can find a brownie mix that has chocolate chunks – it’s delicious! Or add some extra chocolate chips!
- But avoid brownie mixes that have a packet of syrup. (Just save it for ice cream sundaes if the box mix comes with a syrup pouch.)
- Room temperature eggs are the best but it’s ok if they are straight out of the fridge.
- You can use a hand mixer but I prefer to bake with my stand mixer. I usually whisk together the flour and brownie mix and then use a better mixer to make the cookies.
Keep scrolling for the printable recipe card.
Easy Brownie Mix Cookies
- 1 20 ounce brownie mix – Don’t use the ingredients listed on the box – you will be turning the brownie batter into cookies!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- powdered sugar for dusting
Heat oven to 350*. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside the prepared baking sheets. Add about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl whisk the brownie mix and the flour. (Don’t follow the brownie recipe on the box.)
Add the eggs and oil until it is combined with an electric mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment. It will be a thick dough.
Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and drop them into the powdered sugar. Roll them around until coated and place them on the cookie sheet.
I like to use a medium cookie scoop but you could also use a small cookie scoop and shorten the baking time by about 2 minutes.
Bake for about 9-10 minutes. You want them to be cooked but soft when you pull them out of the oven. Do not overbake them so only add an extra minute if you don’t think they are cooked.
Let the chocolate brownie cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes and transfer them to a cookie cooling rack.
You want these cookies to be soft like brownies with a chewy center! But they will also have crispy edges.
Remove them from the wire rack and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I hope you enjoy this easy brownie mix cookies recipe as much as we do! This brownie mix cookie recipe makes the best cookies because they are so easy to make and they have a yummy fudgy center.
Here are some of the products I use from Amazon. These are my affiliate links. I will earn a small commission when you use my links to make a purchase. Thank you!!
- 1 20 oz box of brownie mix (See Notes)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350*. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add about 1/2 cup of powdered sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the brownie mix and the flour.
- Add the eggs and oil until it is combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and drop them into the powdered sugar. Roll them around until coated and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes. You want them to be cooked but soft when you pull them out of the oven.
- Let them sit on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes and transfer them to a cookie cooling rack.