Here is a fun recipe you can make for Valentines Day! Kiss cookies aren’t just for Christmas. You can make these Strawberry Kiss Cookies with a cake mix!
Every Christmas we make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. They are delicious and always a hit. We always say we should eat them more but we only make them during the holidays. So this year I want to look for more ways to enjoy these delicious cookies.
This version is a Valentine Day Cookie. This recipe makes a bunch of cookies and they are very pretty. Plus I really love the combination of chocolate and strawberry. This is also a recipe that your kids will love to make with you. My daughter loves to roll the dough in the sugar and my son like so unwrap all the chocolates for me – and he thinks I dont see him sneak a few as he unwraps them 🙂
This recipe made 50 cookies for me but it will vary based on how big you make the balls. I prefer them smaller so that you get a chocolate kiss in every bite!
Strawberry Kiss Cookies (Made With A Cake Mix!)
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 strawberry cake mix (just the powder – no other ingredients needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- pink (or red) sanding sugar
- 1 package chocolate kisses
Preheat your oven to 350*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (You can use this same piece of parchment paper for all your cookies.)
- Remove the wrappers from the Hershey kisses and set aside.
- Combine the dry cake mix, cream cheese, butter, egg, and extract and mix with a hand mixer until it is mixed well.
- Roll into dough balls and roll in the sanding sugar. (This made about 50 cookies)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Do not overbake. They will feel soft when they come out but they will firm up as they cool.
- As soon as they come out of the oven add a kiss on to each cookie. Let set on the hot cookie tray for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
This recipe is really easy and is the perfect cookie to bring to your Valentines Day Party!