We really like ribs but they can be a lot of work if you need to fire up the grill. Im so glad I have this recipe now for when we want to have ribs for dinner. It will be in my next series of freezer recipes. It’s simple to put together and it has a lot of flavor. My kids even really liked them – and they don’t like to eat the ribs we cook on the grill.
Crock Pot Ribs
- About 2 lbs of ribs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup Coke (I saved a 2 liter with flat soda to use)
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- Extra BBQ sauce, optional
- Add the ribs to the crock pot. In a small bowl add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the ribs.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low 8-9 hours. Cooking time varies according to the size of your crock pot.
- I drizzled about a ½ cup of BBQ sauce about 15 minutes before serving. I did not use the juice that was inside the crock pot because it had a lot of grease. There was plenty of flavor on the ribs.
Are you looking for more ways to save time and money in the kitchen? Check out Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4 of my 1 Hour + 1 Mess = Crock Pot recipes. If you would like to know when more recipes will be available you can sign up for my email newsletter. You will get an email that you will need to confirm you want the subscription.