Making Homemade Granola is really easy and it’s much better for you. You know exactly what you added to the mix and it’s very customizable!
I love granola – but I hate to pay so much for it at the store. We have really been trying to cut down on sugar and processed foods. For me to eat yogurt – I need it to have granola. So after playing around with some recipes I came up with this. It will make about 4 cups – but I may need to double it next time since my kids love it! I ate it on my Greek yogurt, my 2 year old daughter ate it with milk (like cereal) and my 8 year old will not stay out of the container. I had to give him a bowl of it because he was just spooning it into his mouth.
If you have been looking for a simple recipe for granola that your whole family will love – you must try out this recipe.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (You may have to heat it up for a few seconds if it is solid)
- 3 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or almonds (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a small cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, and pecans (if adding nuts).
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid into the oats and combine well.
- Spread onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Check it after 10 minutes and stir it so it evenly browns. You should also check it again in about 5 minutes. You want it to brown – not burn.
I will be making this more often. It’s just sweet enough but not a lot of sugar. You can add other stuff to it. If you add dried fruit, add if after you bake it.
There are so many ways you can enjoy this recipe! Eat it over yogurt, with a little milk or plain! (My kids love to just snack on it.
What do you think? Do you think it’s better to make your own granola? How else do you eat your granola?