Welcome back to another month of 12 days of really awesome picnic and BBQ recipes and DIY projects! Every month I team up with my blogger friends to bring you 12 amazing ideas that will help you plan a great meal. Make an awesome dessert or a fun craft project. We have had Christmas ideas, St Patricks Day, Easter, and Valentines Day.
Now that the weather is nice we want to spend more time outside with our family and friends. Over the next 12 days we will have great ideas for you to use on a picnic or a BBQ. These ideas are just in time to help you celebrate Memorial Day at the end of the month!
This is an easy and delicious Strawberry Pretzel Pie that is a refreshing dessert to serve at any party. Make sure you check it out. Then come back every day for the next 12 days to see what else we have for you. The linky below is a recap of each blog post that is part of this series!
Strawberry Pretzel Pie
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzels, crushed – crush them and then measure them
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 6 ounces strawberry gelatin dessert (large box)
- 2-3 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pretzels in a zip top bag. Using a rolling pin, crush them into small pieces.
- Mix together the crushed pretzels, sugar, and 1 stick of melted butter and press into a 9 x 11 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Filling – Mix cream cheese, 3⁄4 cup sugar and Cool Whip together and spread on the crust when it is cool.
- Strawberry Mixture – Bring 2 cups water to a boil and stir in strawberry gelatin mix. Add cold water and mix well. Then add strawberries. Let the mixture set until slightly thickened, then pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm. Enjoy!