My daughter has been begging to make churros. I didn’t want to deal with the mess of oil so I procrastinated as long as I could.
So we mixed up the batter and got the cinnamon sugar ready. I heated up the oil and cooked a few batches in the oil. And they were kinda gross. They just felt heavy and with all that oil it had so much cinnamon sugar on it.
So I grabbed my air fryer and after the first batch came out they decided they liked the air fryer churros much better. They were crunchier and had just the right amount of cinnamon sugar on them. (The next batch will be dipped in Nutella!)
Click here for the printable recipe for air fryer churros.
Air Fryer Churros
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter then add water, salt, and vanilla. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add the flour and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough is formed. (It’s almost like the texture of homemade play dough.)
- Let the dough cool for about 15 minutes then transfer to a bowl and add the egg. You can use your hands to mix it or stir or stir it quickly until egg is mixed in. (You don’t want the egg to get cook.)
- Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip.
- Pipe several 6 inch sticks of churro dough into the air fryer making sure they don’t touch.
- Bake at 380* for 10 minutes.
- While the churros are baking you can make the cinnamon sugar mixture. You can cut the recipe in half if you don’t want to coat all of them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. You can also dip them in Nutella.
This recipe makes a lot of churros – about 4 dozen depending on the length of the churros.
Have you made any other fried desserts in your air fryer? Please share them in the comments!
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes? I have 4 yummy dinner recipes you can make for your family.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air Fryer Steak Recipe
- Pork Chop Air Fryer Recipe (Bone-in or Boneless)
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe