As I continue my air fryer recipes, we have this yummy Air Fryer Steak Recipe. It was a delicious dinner that was ready in about 15 minutes. My goal is to make 5 meals to share with you that you can get on the table in less than 30 minutes. We’re all very busy – so 30 minute meals are a must!
My friends have been telling me about how amazing a steak tastes when you cook it in the air fryer. They all said that it definitely rivals a steak cooked on a grill.
I thought they were crazy. I love grilled steak and I thought that there was no way that an appliance could make a delicious steak. But I am here to say the steak is amazing, delicious, tender, juicy and so easy to make!
Now that we live in Kentucky, there are several months that we can’t grill – I dont like that. When you live in Florida you can grill all year round. But now that I have my air fryer…I can enjoy foods that tasted like their are grill all year round!
Here are a few reasons I love my Air Fryer:
- No fuss cooking. When I make things like steak on a grill I feel like I constantly need to monitor the heat. I need to flip it so the fire from the grill doesn’t burn the edges. Not with my Air Fryer – just flip it once and that’s it!
- No splattered grease. Because I dont need to stand over the meal while it’s cooking….no splattered grease
- I love fried foods – but not the fat and with the air fryer it uses hardly any grease.
- Easy clean-up! I can put the basket in the dishwasher. It doesn’t get much easier. But there are times I have used it for a few things in a row and it’s been very simple to clean out each time.
- My kids love to reheat pizza in it! Now when my son wants pizza he puts it in the air fryer and makes himself food 🙂
I have some more tips and thoughts about my air fryer that I will share with you soon. Do you have one? Make sure you tell me below your favorite recipes. Here is my Amazon affiliate link if you want to purchase an air fryer. I have the Air Fryer XL 5.3 Qt.
Air Fryer Steak Recipe
- 2-4 steaks (we had ribeye steaks that were about 1.5 inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
Put all the ingredients in a large Ziplock bag and let the meat marinade for at least 2 hours. (You can start marinating it before you leave for work in the morning.)
Remove the steaks from the bag and discard the marinade. Pat off any excess oil on the steaks.
Add about 1 Tablespoon of water to the bottom of the air fryer pan. This is done to help your air fryer not smoke too much during the cooking process.
Add 2 steaks to the fryer. Set the temperature at 400* for 14 minutes. Flip it after 7 minutes. This is for a medium rare steak. If you would like it to have less pink (medium) then you can cook it for 16 minutes and flip it after 8 minutes. (The image below is for 16 minutes.)
Let it sit for about 4 minutes before you enjoy this delicious steak. This will help it to be more tender and delicious!
We ate this with some broccoli and corn. You could also put some potatoes in the microwave to enjoy this with baked potatoes.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Easy Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Roll Up
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Churros Recipe
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe (Also Includes Slow Cooker Instructions)
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe