It is never too soon to start thinking about Halloween! When Fall gets here I am ready to heat up my kitchen and do a lot of baking! There are so many fun flavors and themes for this season.
Disney and Halloween are 2 great themes to mix together! These Mickey Mouse Witch Sugar Cookies and so pretty and delicious. You can make them for your Halloween party or if you are planning on watching any of the Disney Halloween movies!
Get your kids in the kitchen and let them help you make this fun cookie treat! (If you don’t have the Mickey Mouse Witch cookie cutter you can use any cookies cutters with this recipe.)
Click here for the Printable Mickey Mouse Witch Sugar Cookies!
Mickey Mouse Witch Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup of unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Cookie Cutter: Mickey Mouse Witch
- 4 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ½ cup powdered sugar
- Orange, Purple and Black gel food coloring
- 3 disposable piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
- 3 squeeze bottles
- 1 edible marker
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and egg and mix until combined and creamy.
- Using a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed.
- Using your hands continue to mix until fully combined.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and knead the cookie dough a couple of times. Roll out the dough to about ½ inch thick.
- Cut out 12 Mickey Witch heads and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Repeat steps until completely out of dough.
- Let cookies cool completely.
Royal Icing Directions:
Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form.
Split icing into 3 bowls
Add a few drops of the orange, purple and black into one of the three bowls.
Mix until the colors are blended and the shades you want.
Scoop about ¼ cup of icing into their own bags
Add 2-4 teaspoon of water into the remaining icing bowls and mix until combined
Pour the icing’s into squeeze bottles.
Using the edible marker, draw out witch hat on all cookies.
Using the Purple piping bag, Outline the witch hat.
Using the black piping bag, pipe out the lines for Mickey.
Using the orange piping bag, pipe out the lines for the center of the witch hat.
Using the thinned icings, fill in the outlines of the matching colors.
Let cookies dry overnight before enjoying.
Here are some of the items you can order online with my affiliate links:
- Mickey Cookie Cutter
- Food Coloring: Orange, Black, and Purple
- Number 2 piping tip
- Squeeze Bottles (we love these to make pancakes!)
- Edible Marker
Wednesday 5th of September 2018
Omg, these are so cute! I need to make them.
Tuesday 4th of September 2018
So cute! Will definitely make for my son! Thank you for the recipe!
Thursday 30th of August 2018
Omg I am going to have to make these for my grandson....he loves Mickey Mouse!
Thursday 30th of August 2018
Those are so easy to make and so cute.
Wednesday 29th of August 2018
What cute cookies these are. My grandsons would love these.