I was checking the weather for the weekend and my high is only going to be 65*. I am so excited for cooler weather. We had a few really nice days and then the heat came back. I prefer the cooler months over the hot months.
Fall is such an awesome season. The weather changes, the leaves turn beautiful colors, you can have bonfires, and pick pumpkins! Pumpkin is such a fun flavor and I don’t think we enjoy it enough year round. (It’s kinda like I love my Buckeye Brownie Cookies but I only make them for the holidays.)
With Fall just around the corner I wanted to share this recipe for a Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Streusel Topping. I LOVE streusel topping. It’s so good on top of cakes! This recipe is delicious with a cup of coffee while you sit on your back porch and enjoy the chill in the air. Print the recipe and make it to share with your friends or enjoy it all to yourself!
Easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake With Streusel Topping
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoon. whole milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together both sugars, cinnamon, salt, and flour.
- Add cooled, melted butter and stir until crumbs form and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13″ x 9″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and pumpkin spice.
- In another bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, oil and sour cream.
- Gradually whisk together the egg mixture into the flour mixture, until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Tap the pan against your counter to release any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle the crumb on top.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Prepare the icing by stirring the two ingredients together.
- Drizzle icing on top of cake. Cool to room temperature and slice.
Serve and enjoy!
More Fall Recipes:
- Caramel Apple Candy Dip
- The Best Apple Pie
- Easy Caramel Apple Balls
- No Bake Cookie Dough Pumpkin Pops (Gluten Free/Eggless)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles
- How To Easily Cook a Whole Pumpkin in the Slow Cooker
- Best Muffins Ever! Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
- Halloween Snacks – Jack O Lantern Floats
- Homemade Apple Pumpkin Dog Biscuits