Check out this list of some of the best vegetable side dishes! This list has over 35 recipes. Some with just minutes of prep time to get your dinner on the table. It’s nice to try out new vegetable sides to see what foods my kids may like that I don’t like to eat.
When I make my meal plan it’s easy to come up with the main course. So I wanted to create a list of easy recipes to go with the main dish!
Many times we just grab a bag of french fries from the freezer because they are easy. But I want to add more vegetable side dish recipes into our meal plan.
The best way to keep our family out of the drive-thru lane is to meal plan. I have this handy printable meal planner and grocery list. I can write out the main meal and side dishes we will eat. Then I put it on the fridge so my family knows our dinner plan for the week. It’s a great way to avoid the “what’s for dinner” question from my family.
I love the health benefits for my entire family when we have veggies on the dinner table. But sometimes it can get boring. You can only have smashed potatoes topped with cheddar cheese and mac & chees so many times before your body craves healthy foods.
Check out this easy recipe to marinade chicken.
35+ Easy Vegetable Side Dishes
- If you love green beans, check out this list of 15+ green bean recipes
- This Greek Quinoa Salad recipe is great on a hot summer night. It has green and red peppers, feta cheese, and a yummy dressing!
- Simple oven roasted frozen vegetables like broccoli, green beans, & mixed vegetables are a healthy, easy, & cheap way to get your veggies in! I love roasted vegetables! It gives simple vegetable side dishes extra flavor.
- Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes with fresh Asparagus are a bright and garden herb flavor vegetable side dish. Asparagus is my favorite green vegetables.
- Sauteed green beans tossed in delicious garlic butter and parmesan – Yum! These garlic butter tender green beans are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish recipe that everybody will be begging for.
- Veggie Skewers made with fresh ingredients like zucchini, red onions, and bell peppers. They are grilled to perfection and drizzled with tangy balsamic vinegar, and brushed with fresh garlic herb sauce.
- Whip up a batch of Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower in no time at all. Some of the pickiest eaters will not even know they are not eating mashed potatoes!
- This Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower recipe is an easy, healthy vegan side dish! It’s topped with lemon tahini sauce, pine nuts, and mint.
- Balsamic vinegar broccoli is a great, healthy side dish. Made with fresh broccoli, parmesan cheese, and seasoned with shallots and garlic.
- This Copycat Panda Express Super Greens recipe combines broccoli, cabbage, and kale into a delicious side dish packed with superfoods. This is a yummy green salad!
- You only need 3 ingredients to make this Roasted Potatoes Recipe! It goes great with my favorite London Broil marinade.
- If you’re looking for a trusty side dish to come to your rescue at mealtimes all year round, these Mediterranean roast vegetables could be it. They’re juicy, colorful, and healthy, ridiculously easy to make and go with almost anything. They’re easy to prep and out of the oven in just over 30 minutes, or even less time if you make them in your air fryer.
- This quick and easy vegetarian sweet potato hash recipe is made with onions, garlic, peppers and smoked paprika. Enjoy it as a delicious side dish, main dish, breakfast item, or filling.
- Looking for a vegetable side dish that goes with nearly everything? This Lemon Pepper Asparagus is so easy to make and adds a deliciously bright touch to all of your spring dinners!
- An easy and tasty way to serve a char-grilled zucchini recipe. No complicated ingredients, a simple barbecued side dish that looks a little fancy. Only 4 ingredients!
- A lovely crunchy vegetable side dish – Served at summer BBQs, picnics, and potlucks, our homemade Ranch Coleslaw recipe is a delicious alternative to standard coleslaw and is a must-try. The best part is that it is quite simple to create!
- Maple mustard Brussels sprouts – when you take deliciously crispy Brussels sprouts and combine them with a sweet and salty sauce, you get an amazing twist on a craveable standard.
- An easy and simple whole foods recipe that uses up all those winter veggies being stored from the garden. Try this recipe for Root Vegetables Mash with Butternut Squash.
- This Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe has a crispy outside, fluffy inside, and are perfectly seasoned. They’re so easy to make and pair well with just about any meal.
- Individual Green Bean Casserole Bites are a twist on the traditional casserole dish. The individual servings make it perfect for any size gathering.
- You only need 5 ingredients to make these simple roasted sweet potatoes! They are deliciously seasoned and perfectly caramelized! These baked sweet potatoes are a healthy side that goes with so many meals.
- Our Roasted Fennel Pomodoro Recipe is an easy side dish that’s bursting with the sweet licorice flavor of roasted fennel and tender tomatoes in every bite.
- Crispy tender Roasted Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with bright lemony flavor. The perfect side dish for any meal.
- These easy grilled green beans combine the perfect smoky char flavor with a tender bite. Tossed in a simple garlic soy sauce, they make a great side dish for almost any summer meal. Serves a family of 4 and is ready in just about 15 minutes!
- These are simple Roasted Cherry Tomatoes that come out perfect every single time! Cooked with balsamic vinegar, herbs, and spices, it makes a perfect addition to any meal.
- Easy recipe for roasted vegetables which get coated with a delicious, sticky, sweet, and savory balsamic glaze. Substitute maple syrup for the honey to make it vegan.
- Green Bean Almondine is a delicious fresh green beans sauteed with garlic, butter, and topped with almonds and a fresh squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy this simple side dish for family dinners, guests, and Christmas dinner or Thanksgiving menu.
- Make a classic rice dish with this Green Peas Pulao recipe. The flavorful rice consists of the perfect blend of whole spices to bring added flavor to the dish.
- This simple spinach salad with tomatoes is easy, delicious, and refreshing.
- This tomato and cucumber salad with a unique walnut dressing is a creamy dressing that is a common accompaniment to Georgian dishes all over the country. Delightfully fresh and easy to make, you’re sure to love this salad!
- Creamed corn is a side dish that you can enjoy all year long. From summer picnics and potlucks to holiday gatherings, this creamed corn recipe is sure to impress when you use fresh corn and other simple ingredients.
- This simple recipe is just carrots that are oven-roasted to buttery perfection and topped with a mixture of fresh carrot top greens, dill, lemon, garlic, and a little olive oil.
- These sweet brown sugar carrots are the perfect veggie side dish for any dinner. Plus they are cooked in the crockpot making them even easier to prepare!
- These classic fluffy mashed potatoes are made with Russet (or Idaho) potatoes, milk or cream, and butter. Make them ahead of time!
- This chipotle chili and garlic cauliflower fried rice is loaded with flavor, light, and so fresh. It’s sprinkled with chipotle chili powder for an extra kick while retaining the comfort food quality of fried rice, and serving up a hearty helping of nutrients.
- This 4-ingredient Summer Squash Saute Recipe is an easy summer side dish that’s packed with flavor and perfect for showcasing fresh seasonal produce.
- This recipe for keto scalloped turnips is creamy, cheesy. Imagine enjoying an au gratin recipe that maintains all the flavor they love from the classic dish while keeping carbs low enough to be considered keto-friendly.
- Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash Zig Zags are like the kettle corn of veggies, slightly sweet, hints of cinnamon, and a little salty.
- Quick and easy Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, made with bell peppers, crisp, cool cucumber, and creamy feta. Makes a fast, healthy lunches, side or great for meal-prep.
- These crispy roasted artichokes with parmesan are one of the best side dishes or snacks. Whole artichokes are sliced in half and stuffed with a parmesan cheese and herb filling, then baked in the oven till tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- These three broccoli flavor ideas make it easy to switch up your weeknight dinners with quick and easy air fryer recipes.
- Roasted acorn squash salad is a must for Thanksgiving or even as a side for a fall dinner, especially drizzled with creamy maple dressing!
I hope this long list of veggie side dishes will help you serve healthy recipes to your whole family almost every night of the week!