Quinoa Recipes – Check out this recipe to make an easy Greek Quinoa Salad. It’s a healthy vegetarian side dish you can bring to a BBQ or party.
The weather is finally getting warmer! We used our grill last night to make a London Broil and it tasted amazing!! It feels like it’s been so long since we enjoyed grilled food.
I can’t wait to use the grill every night and make healthy and light side items for us to enjoy. I really love Greek flavors. One of my favorite things to eat lately has been Greek chicken with tzatziki sauce. I also make a side salad with Greek dressing and Feta cheese. It’s been a go-to recipe for me the past few months.
Now I can grill the chicken and eat this quinoa salad as a side dish. This would also be an easy and delicious side item to bring to a party. I would double the recipe so there’s enough for everyone!
We are not vegetarians but this would be a great Quinoa vegetarian recipe.
Some of my favorite Party Recipes:
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- London Broil Marinade Recipe
- Perfectly Grilled Moist Pork Chops
- Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie
Printable Recipe For Greek Quinoa Salad
Greek Quinoa Salad
* Makes 2 Entrée servings or 4 side dish servings
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- green bell pepper 1 cup chopped
- red bell pepper 1 cup chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
1. Rinse and drain the quinoa.
2. Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast quinoa. This will remove excess water and adds a nutty
flavor to the quinoa.
3. Add water to saucepan, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 12-15 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has
5. While the quinoa is cooking chop and prep your veggies.
6. Once quinoa is cooked give it a little fluff with a fork.
7. Before adding your veggies you can chill the quinoa in the fridge or simply let it cool on the countertop for a few
minutes for a room temperature quinoa bowl. They are both delicious!
8. To make your super simple vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour over your
quinoa bowl and toss to coat.
9. Add any salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Serve with: (Optional)
- Pita Chips
- Chopped Avocado
It’s pretty easy to throw together! What’s your favorite side item to bring to a summer BBQ?