When you need a sweet treat and don’t have brown sugar in the house..you can still make the best peanut butter cookies!
You know I have a sweet tooth and I always like to make an easy recipe that has simple ingredients and tastes amazing!!
This easy peanut butter cookie recipe is one of those recipes that came out of necessity! The first time I made these we lived in Mexico so it wasn’t easy to find brown sugar. (I also couldn’t find chocolate chips!) So many times I had to make my desserts without brown sugar, like my banana bread recipe.
But these cookies are pretty amazing because they are flourless peanut butter cookies- so it could be a gluten-free recipe! With just 4 ingredients you can whip up an amazing dessert for everyone.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Brownie Mix Cookies – Just 5 Ingredients
- chocolate chip cookie recipe
- sugar cookie recipes
- Brownie Buckeye Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Ooey Gooey Cake Cookies
I love easy cookie recipes!
Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- One egg – some people like it at room temperature but I don’t have time for that!
- White sugar
- A Cup of Peanut butter – this is totally up to your preference. Do you like creamy peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter? Either is fine but I would avoid using natural peanut butter or almond butter.
- Vanilla extract
Make sure you preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I prefer to place parchment paper or a silicone mat on the cookie sheet to help them cook evenly. Set the prepared baking sheets aside.
This isn’t one of those recipes where you have to separate the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients because there are only 4 ingredients! Plus you only need a small bowl since there aren’t a lot of ingredients.
Add all the ingredients to make the peanut butter cookie dough. Some people like to use a stand mixer – but I would rather mix it by hand.
You can use a cookie scoop to get 1 inch dough balls. And then use the tines of a fork to flatten the cookie and add the criss-cross pattern. Dip the fork in a little bit of sugar before you make the marks for a little extra sweetness.
Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes. For best results, let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container or a freezer bag to enjoy the next day.
I hope you enjoy these easy peanut butter cookies! They aren’t the big classic peanut butter cookies you get in a bakery – but they are still one of our favorite cookies and they are so easy to make!
Below are my Affiliate links. I make a small commission when you use my links. Thank you! Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper to a silicone mat on a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar, press a crisscross design on each cookie.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, remove from the oven and cool slightly before removing it from the pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
This is just an estimate.