This is the Best Brownie Recipe! They are fudgy chocolate brownies made in a 9×13 pan topped with peanut butter cups, peanuts, and a Rice Krispy mixture made with more peanut butter and chocolate! It’s super easy because you can use any boxed brownie mix.
The peanut butter flavor in these brownies with the crunchy Rice Krispy topping will make you the best baker in the room.
If my family had to pick out 1 dessert that everyone loves – they would pick brownies. But sometimes you want to elevate your recipe and make the best brownie recipe – a very decadent brownies recipe. This recipe is very simple and doesn’t require many ingredients and everyone will be begging for more!
Boxed brownies are good but they are kind of thin when you have to make them in a 9×13 pan. I usually buy this Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix.
I wanted to make multi-layer and multi-textured brownies. Plus the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is amazing! So I have the best brownie recipe to share with you. It’s a few steps – but totally worth it!
Peanut butter lovers will love this and it will become a favorite brownie recipe in your house.
Make sure you also check out my tips to cut the perfect brownies – it’s so simple!
This recipe is basically a layer of chewy brownies, a peanut butter layer with is mostly just peanut butter cups, and then it’s topped with a crunchy peanut butter flavored rice crispy treat. It’s the most epic brownie you will eat!
Here are some tips To Make The Best Brownie Recipe
You could make homemade brownies for this recipe – but it’s so much faster and easier to use a box of brownies.
I like to add a layer of parchment paper in the 9×13 pan. It will help keep it from sticking and when you pull it out of the pan you can cut it into perfect squares. (Make sure you have a sharp knife – there are a lot of layers to cut through!)
Don’t use natural peanut butter. It’s a little too oily for this dessert. My favorite peanut butter when baking is Skippy peanut butter.
I love this recipe because it’s so decadent and doesn’t use any butter nor do you need a stand mixer.
It’s also really easy because you don’t need to separate dry ingredients from the wet ingredients in a large bowl…you don’t even need all purpose flour!
You can use a box of fudgy peanut butter brownies, rich brownies, or gooey brownies. They are all the perfect bases for this recipe.
This really is the perfect brownie!
Best Brownie Recipe
- 1 9×13 brownie mix + ingredients
- 16 peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter (1 16 oz jar)
- 1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Krispy rice cereal
Instructions to make the Best Brownie Recipe:
Pre heat oven to 350* and line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper or spray well with cooking spray. Set the prepared baking pan aside. Prepare the packaged brownie mix per the instructions with the water, oil, and eggs. Bake brownies for 5 minutes less than the instructions say. The top of the brownie batter will get shiny.
While the brownies are cooking, chop up the peanut butter cups and nuts.
Spread the peanut butter cups and nuts in an even layer over the brownie layer. This becomes your peanut butter filling. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes. (Remove and set aside.)
When the brownies are almost done baking, make the rice krispy mixture.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon.
When it’s melted remove it from the stove and add the vanilla and mix well. Add the Krispy rice cereal and mix well.
Immediately pour on top of the brownies. Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour. When they are completely cooled you can cut them into squares.
A small square is plenty because this peanut butter brownie recipe is very rich. You will want a glass of milk with
Serve and enjoy. It will make 35 brownies – so there are plenty to share! Cover with plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
These are so good and so sweet – so be sure to share them with your neighbors and kids’ teachers. Take it to the next level and top with vanilla ice cream.
You can also change up this recipe and replace the peanut butter cups with another candy bar. This is a great recipe to keep handy for that extra Halloween candy.
I love these delicious chocolate brownies!!
- ● 1 9x13 brownie mix + ingredients
- ● 16 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- ● 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- ● 2 cups of Peanut butter (1 - 16 oz jar)
- ● 1 - 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ● 4 cups krispy rice cereal
- Pre-heat the oven and prepare the packaged brownie mix per the instructions with the water, oil, and eggs. Bake for 5 minutes less than the instructions say.
- While the brownies are cooking, chop up the peanut butter cups and nuts.
- Spread the peanut butter cups and nuts in an even layer over the almost cooked brownies. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes to let the peanut butter cups melt a little. (Remove and set aside.)
- When the brownies are almost done baking, make the rice krispy mixture. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- When it's melted remove it from the stove and add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the Krispy rice cereal and mix well.
- Immediately pour the mixture on top of the brownies.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.