It is strawberry season!! That means I always have a ton of strawberries in my house. Sometimes I buy too many and sometimes I dont buy enough. So when our strawberries get too mushy for my kids to eat – they are perfect to add to recipes. (They are really good in smoothies too!)
But they are even better in a cake! I have a recipe that is dense and moist and is the perfect combination of strawberry and lemon with a thick vanilla glaze.
If you haven’t noticed, I love to bake! (I have some chocolate chip cookies in my oven right now to bring up to my kids school!) After dinner I was literally walking down my street giving out cake to my neighbors. It’s better to share so I can make something else another day.
The secret to making this cake look amazing is using a simple plastic sandwich bag to pipe the glaze onto the cake. Just snip off a small corner and it will be easy to drizzle it over the cake to make a pretty pattern. This is a thick glaze so it will come out slow.
Strawberry Yogurt Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- With an electric mixer (Kitchen Aid mixer works best),cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Add 2¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients. (Use a whisk to make sure it’s combined well.) Add the glaze to a small plastic storage bag and snip off the corner. Drizzle the glaze over the cake. This glaze will be a thick glaze. If it’s too thin add a little more powered sugar.
- Optional: Garnish with a few large strawberries.
If you dont sift the sugar to get out all the clumps, make sure you use a whisk to mix it really good so there are no lumps.
Thursday 14th of April 2022
I'm so glad I found your recipe. Made it for a family gathering, everyone, young and old, loved it. So easy and taste so delicious. Plus presentation is fabulous.
Friday 15th of April 2022
Thank you!! I am so happy to hear that!
Thursday 5th of July 2018
Wow this looks so yummy! Lovely presentation too. Gonna try this soon!
Wednesday 4th of July 2018
Wow this looks like a blue-ribbon recipe from a fair contest. I'd love to try it, and the glaze makes it so pretty.
Sunday 17th of June 2018
That looks so yummy!!! I'm sort of off of sweets and man that is tempting!
Wednesday 13th of June 2018
Oh Wow!!! This looks amazing!!! I do believe we will have to try this.