If you are looking for the perfect DIY Christmas gift – this is it! Everyone loves brownies! They are loaded with chocolate and so soft an gooey! One of the main reasons I love this gift is because after all the craziness of Christmas ends…they can peek into their pantry and enjoy this delicious treat you made just for them.
It’s easy to put together and you could spend about an hour in your kitchen and put together several of these DIY Brownie Mason Jar gifts for all the people in your life. There’s even a printable label that has the instructions to make these brownies.
This recipe is also pretty versatile. You can change out the chocolate chips to any flavor like milk, white, dark or peanut butter chips – even mini M&M’s. Or switch out the nuts for some peanut butter cups or toffee pieces.
Here’s a supply list to make this DIY project even easier!
- Quart Mason Jar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- favorite chocolate chips – dark, milk, white, etc
- nuts of your choice
Make a few gifts at a time and you can click here to print out 4 gift tags.
DIY Brownie Mason Jar Gift
Assembling the jar:
- Combine ½ cup all-purpose flour, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and ¼ teaspoon salt into the bottom of the jar and pack down with a small glass or measuring cup.
- For the next layer, add in ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey’s is best).
- Next add in about a half cup of your favorite chocolate chips. You can use dark, milk, or white chocolate.
- For the next layer add in 1 and ¼ cup of sugar and pack slightly.
- On the top add roughly a half of cup pecans (or any other add-in of your choice).
- Print the instruction label and tie on with string or a cute ribbon.
Click here to print out the gift tag to add to the DIY Brownie Mason Jar Gift,