Buffalo Chicken Salad is an easy and delicious recipe for your family or a crowd. You can throw it together in about 20minutes!
I love getting together with my friends. We usually all make something to share and I always want to bring a salad but some of them have so many ingredients and they sound really weird mixed together. These salads feel like they can cost a small fortune after you buy all the produce and meats to make the salad.
Then you have all that time chopping the produce, meat and making the dressing! So I was on a mission to create an affordable salad that I could put together quickly.
More Keto Recipes:
- Keto Pizza Recipe – AKA Low Carb Pizza or Fathead Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe
- Sugar-Free Tomato Sauce
- Pork Chops Air Fryer Recipe With Boneless Patties or Bone-In Pork Chops
Many times I don’t have a lot of time before the event to prepare my food. Sometimes it’s for a church potluck or a BBQ with friends. Of course, I love to bring the dessert – but I also like to bring something that is also a delicious and healthy option!
This recipe can be made ahead of time. Plus a rotisserie chicken salad recipe is so easy! And everyone loves the price of a Costco rotisserie chicken!
Why I love this Buffalo Chicken Salad
- It’s a simple rotisserie chicken salad recipe
- You can make this ahead of time and just add the Ranch Dressing when you ready to serve it.
- This buffalo chicken salad – keto friendly if you omit the Doritos.
- If there are any leftovers you could easily make a buffalo chicken salad wrap.
- You can customize it: Add celery, blue cheese – or any other cheese.
- You can also adjust the amount of hot sauce to fit your taste! Add less if you don’t like things super spicy.
So if you are heading to a pot luck, BBQ, party, or just looking for an easy dinner recipe – try this recipe.
If you are just making this for a family dinner you can use less lettuce. The chicken is so yummy!
- 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce
- 3 Heads Of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup hot sauce (I like Franks Hot Sauce)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 carrots - shredded
- 1 bag Nacho Cheese or Cool Ranch Doritos (Omit for Keto)
- Litehouse Ranch dressing (This is my favorite dressing!)
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces. Rinse and dry it well. Place it in a large container - I used a turkey roasting pan and it filled it all the way.
- Pull off as much meat from the rotisserie chicken and set aside.
- In a large saute pan add the 4 tablespoons of butter and let it melt. Add the minced garlic cloves and let saute for a few minutes - but don't let the garlic burn.
- Add the hot sauce, the chicken broth, and the shredded chicken. Let simmer until most of the juice is absorbed in the meat.
- Peel and shred the carrots and sprinkle on the lettuce.
- Crush up the Nacho Cheese Doritos and sprinkle on the lettuce. Then add the buffalo chicken.
Serve and enjoy!
I wait to add the dressing until just before we serve it. And sometimes I just add dressing to half the salad in case people prefer it without the dressing.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
If you are looking for the best rotisserie chicken salad recipe – this is it!
Or if you are expecting some company this summer, check out my tips about How To Meal Plan To Feed A Large Crowd!