This post, Lava Cakes For 2, contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Valentines Day is just around the corner. I do not like to go to a restaurant for Valentines Day – it’s too crowded. So we either pick a different night to go out to dinner, or we get something to-go.
I still like to make something special for us to share after the kids go to bed. That’s why I think this recipe for Lava Cakes for 2 is the perfect recipe you need for Valentine’s Day. It’s also good for a date night.
It’s really so simple to make but looks and tastes amazing! So grab these ingredients and start making a mess in your kitchen!
- Wilton Pink Candy Melts
- Ziploc baggie
- Wax paper
- First, you will want to make the pick chocolate decorations. This is so simple. Grab a small package of Wilton Pink Chocolate Disks. Melt about 1 cup of the disks in the microwave until smooth. Pour it into a small ziplock bag and cut off a very small tip in the corner.
- Now start drawing on the wax paper. You can write love, do XOXO, hearts, etc. Let them dry and then gently remove them from the wax paper when you want to use it to decorate your cakes.
Lava Cakes For 2:
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (cut into 4 pieces)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg + 1 additional egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Pink Chocolate Decorations
Make the chocolate decorations first, so they are hardened by the time the Lava Cakes have finished baking.
Preheat oven to 425*. Grease 2 ramekin dishes and put them on a cookie sheet and set aside.
In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, heat the butter and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 1 minute and then stir. Repeat at 50% power in 30 seconds increments until it’s smooth.
Using a whisk, add the powdered sugar and mix well.
Make sure the batter is no longer hot and add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well.
Finally, add the flour and mix until the batter is smooth.
Divide the batter between the 2 ramekin dishes.
Bake for 12 minutes until the sides are firm. It will be a little soft in the middle.
Flip into a dish and top with ice cream, syrup and chocolate piece.
It really tastes as pretty as it looks and it’s simple! Impress your date this Valentine’s Day with this delicious dessert!