This recipe is so easy to throw together. You can prep it in the morning and it will take you around 10 minutes. it’s so filling and has a lot of protein with the chicken and hard boiled eggs.
I grab the chicken from that grocery store that’s perfectly portioned and ready to cook. It’s thin enough to cook quickly and there’s no need to trim off any fat.
Another secret to make this quickly is I use Great Day Farms hard-boiled eggs. You can find them in the deli section of Walmart and they come in a 6 pack and a 2 pack. They are already peeled and ready to eat! I keep them in the fridge so I have something to snack on or to add to my salads or to make egg salad. it’s really so convenient!
You can add some tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and croutons to add some more flavor. You can use your favorite dressing. I like to keep this pretty healthy with a low calorie, sugar free dressing option. I really like a lemon herb dressing.
Quick & Easy Salad Recipe:
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Olive oil
- Spring Mix lettuce
- Great Day Farms hard-boiled eggs
- Grape Tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Salad Dressing
- Crunchy topping like cheese crips or croutons
- Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat and add a little olive oil to coat the pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until it it fully cooked. Let sit while you prep the rest of the salad.
- On a plate or in a storage container add about 3 cups of the lettuce mixture. Top with tomatoes, croutons, cheese, and dressing.
- Cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces and top the salad. Enjoy!!
Tip – you can also make this in a large mason jar. Add a few tablespoons of dressing first, then top with tomatoes, cheese, chicken, and lettuce. When it’s lunch time – just shake the jar and you will have a delicious salad!