My daughter loves peaches. So when the Peach Truck comes around in the summers I like to split a box of peaches with my friends. She eats a lot of them but 20 pounds of peaches is a lot of peaches. These peaches are really big and juicy.
As we try to think about what do do with all these peaches we brainstorm different recipes. We have made peach jam in the past and I also really want to make peach fritters. But tonight we decided to make some peach coffee cake. It’s moist and crunchy because of the crumb topping. We paired it with some vanilla bean ice cream and it was amazing!!
Grab some peaches and the rest of the ingredients to make this amazing coffee cake. It’s pretty easy to throw together but will impress any guests you have over for coffee.
Tip – You can put your peaches in hot water for a few minutes and it will be easy to peel off the skin.
Peach Coffee Cake
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large peaches diced and peeled (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, 1 cup water, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until combined and set aside.
- Toss sliced peaches with flour and set aside
- Make the crumb topping – In a medium bowl mix together flour, almonds, sugar, and butter until combined and crumbly.
- Add the batter to the 9×13 baking pan, then top with the diced peaches, and then sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the peaches.
- Bake the cake for about for 25-28 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Mix together the ingredients for the glaze. The glaze should be thick. If it’s too thin add a little more confectioners sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over cake and enjoy! (See options below) It’s really good with vanilla bean ice cream.
Now you have 2 options…you can make the glaze and drizzle it on a piece on your place while its warm and yummy or you can wait until it cools completely and drizzle it over your whole cake and serve. Personally, I love my desserts served warm.
I still have a bunch of peaches left so please share your favorite peach recipes with me!