I love to make quick and easy dinners and it’s even better if it’s super healthy. The other day I was at Aldi and they had a coupon for $2 off tilapia. So I only paid $4 for a package.
I don’t make fish often but I know that butter, lemon, and garlic goes really well with seafood. So I put a piece of foil on a cookie sheet and threw together a few ingredients and we had this healthy and delicious Garlic Lemon Baked Tilapia dinner was on the table in about 15 minutes.
Quick & Easy Garlic Lemon Baked Tilapia
Preheat your oven to 400*. You will need 4 pieces of tilapia and you will season it with some salt & pepper.
Melt butter and add some minced garlic and the zest and juice from 1/2 of a lemon. Pour that over the fish and bake it for about 12 minutes!
You could cook it a little longer so that the edges get a little crispy. But it should be completely cooked after 12 minutes.
Garlic Lemon Baked Tilapia is so tender and flaky!
That’s it! There is so much flavor and it’s so healthy! I steamed some broccoli while this was baking and dinner was done.
The only problem is that my kids won’t eat fish – but that’s ok because I can make them some buttered noodles or spaghetti for dinner.
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- Additional lemons for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400*. Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place 4 pieces of tilapia on the cookie sheet and season it with some salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, melt butter. Add minced garlic and the zest and juice from 1/2 of a lemon.
- Pour that over the fish and bake it for about 12 minutes! You could cook it a little longer so that the edges get a little crispy. But it should be completely cooked after 12 minutes.