First, I must tell you that this Light Lemon Pound Cake is not “light” in a healthy kind of way. It’s a light taste of lemon in the cake. This recipe is far from healthy 🙂 But it’s delicious.
I love pound cakes – but they have to be moist not dry. It also has to have a unique flavor and a good glaze. So after looking at a few recipes – this is what I have. It’s really good – it’s a great cake to serve with coffee or tea.
Light Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 box French Vanilla cake mix
- 3.7 ounce instant Lemon pudding powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream (I think you could also use vanilla yogurt)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 and grease 2 large loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Pour the cake batter into the two pans. Bake for about 45-50 minutes. I had to bake the cake in the glass pan for about 5 minutes longer than the cake I made in my metal pan.
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, milk, and vanilla. Mix together and if necessary slowly add more milk until you get it to a good consistency.
- Pour it over the cake and enjoy! This cake actually tastes better when it cool.
This glaze recipe will actually make a little more glaze then you will need – so don’t feel obligated to use it all.
If you want to make it a little more lemony you could add a few tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to the cake batter.
Looking for more recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan – Done In About An Hour
- 40 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals + Printables!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Fried Chicken Tacos
- Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon & Parmesan Asparagus
- Crock Pot Delicious Pot Roast
- Air Fryer Steak Recipe
- The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
- Cinnamon Roll Recipe With Cream Cheese Icing
- Cheddar Bacon Scones
- Pancake Recipe (Reminds Me Of McDonalds)