Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is a great recipe that will warm you up on a cold day!
Im finally getting back into a routine! The kids are in school and I have my work day set up. I have made it my priority to make sure we have a home cooked meal every night. The only problem is…after school activities.
I’m actually really happy my kids are in activities like jazz band, robotics, Girl Scouts, and more but the pick up time is always right around dinnertime. And since I’m already out of the house, it’s so easy to just grab something to eat. It’s easy, but it’s not healthy and it really breaks the budget!
So I am going back to prepping my slow cooker freezer meals. Im going to spend 1 hour in the kitchen and prep 5 meals for the week. Then all week long all I have to do is dump the bag full of food into my slow cooker and dinner is done! (Bonus – less clean up too because all the prep work was done!)
So far I have made 2 of my 5 recipes and they have been perfect! My husband and kids loved them! Plus they are simple to make and I only spent about $50 on the ingredients I needed for the week. (I already have the meat since I order in bulk from Zaycon – and that is really cheap!)
This recipe for Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is the first recipe I tried. It was so flavorful and my 4th grader even took it to school the next day for lunch!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups of water
- 1 Tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 – 15oz can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 – 4oz cans green chilis
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toppings: Cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
- Add chicken to the crock pot. Add the onions garlic, chicken broth, beans, chilis, corn, and spices.
- Set on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Remove chicken and thread into bite size pieces. Before you start to shred the chicken add the cream cheese and half and half and cover.
- Mix up the liquid in the slow cooker and add the chicken. Cook on low for about 15 minutes or until it is warm enough.
Serve with your favorite toppings! It has so much flavor!
If you are looking for a crock pot, I have this (affiliate link) Stainless Steel Crock-Pot Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker. It works great!
Hopefully all my recipes are delicious and I can share a new set of slow cooker recipes with you. While you wait, here are the 40 slow cooker freezer meals I already have published. I have even included the grocery lists and easy to print recipes! (Please ignore my pictures – they are horrible but the recipes are great!)