Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays! No matter what night you have tacos, make sure you check out these 35+ Taco Bar Side Dishes to Add to Your Taco Night!
Do you ever struggle with coming up with a great side dish on taco night? There are so many different recipes out there, and I’ll be honest when I say that some Mexican sides can be intimidating to make.
Well, I am here to tell you that I have rounded up 35+ side dishes that pair perfectly with tacos AND these great recipes will walk you right through it!
Click here to Pin this recipe on Pinterest.
- This Pico De Gallo recipe is so flavorful and so easy! This traditional Mexican salsa is great on anything from tacos to tortilla chips. This recipe uses simple ingredients like lime juice and red onion!
- The perfect accompaniment to all of your favorite Mexican recipes is none other than a perfect pot of spicy Mexican rice! Cooked in a flavorful, spicy chicken broth, this rice is nothing short of flavorful Mexican food! Who would want plain rice when you can have this!
- This easy Peach Mango Salsa is bright and tasty! Enjoy it with tortilla chips or on fish or chicken tacos. This simple recipe is a good choice to add to your taco night.
- This grilled corn and avocado salad with feta dressing is the perfect summer side dish to enjoy. It is packed with so much flavor, bright flavors, and is a great way to jazz up sweet corn while it is still fresh and in season.
- You only need 4 ingredients and a few minutes to make this Chipotle Copycat Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice. Fresh cilantro and lime are the best way to enjoy rice! Roll it in a tortilla and load it with your other favorite taco toppings!
- This recipe for Frijoles Puercos is like refried beans on steroids. Bacon, chorizo and melty cheese combine to bring you the bean dip of your dreams. This recipe is sure to be a hit at your next taco party! Who would have thought to add bacon to tacos!
- This Mexican Street Corn Salad has so many layers of flavor! It’s a twist on traditional Mexican elote – and one of the best side dishes!
- These slow cooker borracho beans are so easy to make with pinto beans. They’re absolutely delicious after they have been simmering all day. This recipe is an easy way to add tasty side dishes to your taco bar party.
- Easy creamy guacamole recipe makes homemade guacamole with just 6 ingredients. The best part is you can make it in 5 minutes. Serve this simple guacamole with taco salad, as a taco filling, and is a great option for taco bar ideas!
- There’s nothing like fresh tortilla chips made from scratch. I mean fresh, from masa harina, corn tortilla chips. I can’t hit the grocery store without wanting to grab a bag of tortilla chips, but now I can make my own! These delicious homemade tortilla chips can be used easily with creamy guacamole, layer dip, refried bean dip, or restaurant style salsa.
- Homemade fresh Salsa is a classic sauce that’s a must-have for Taco Tuesday! Use a food processor, fresh tomatoes, ground cumin and other fresh ingredients for a tasty restaurant style dip and taco topping.
- Here’s my favorite topping for tacos, tangy lime crema! Forget plain sour cream and make this instead! You’ll never have tacos any other way after trying this!
- Restaurant-quality Mexican rice is not as hard to make as you may think. This easy recipe is fluffy, flavorful, and the perfect side dish for taco night. This recipe includes tomato sauce and makes one of the best sides!
- These crockpot black beans are slow cooked with beer, bacon, onion, and spices! Let your crockpot do all the work with this easy recipe.
- Quinoa Salad is a fast, simple dish to make, AND packed with plant protein! This Mexican Quinoa version is loaded with other tasty ingredients, Mexican seasonings and green chilies! Eat it hot or cold, as a salad or it would make a great side dish!
- Tomatillo Avocado Salsa Verde is easy to make in minutes in your food processor. It will quickly become one of your favorite sides with your main course.
- This five minute Mexican coleslaw recipe is made with cabbage, cilantro, and lime. It’s a super simple (and healthy) side dish to go with Mexican food. Great as a Mexican side dish.
- Scrumptious Chili Cheese Fries are made with a hearty slightly spicy thick ground beef chili and topped with a lusciously creamy cheddar cheese sauce. This might end up being one of my favorite side dishes. You could also turn this into a main dish by using taco meat with chili powder and topping it with things like corn salsa, brown rice, and crumbly cheese.
- This warm feta dip is the perfect dish that is not only delicious but easy to make. a high protein recipe using clean, healthy ingredients. With this healthy contrast of ingredients, like olive oil, you know this can be one of many taco side dishes.
- This Tex-Mex Queso Blanco is smooth and cheesy with just a little kick and the perfect consistency. This creamy quest goes great over warm tortillas and can be paired with any of your tasty sides.
- For a fresh, juicy, and spicy take on salsa, try this Watermelon Pico de Gallo. It is fantastic on many kinds of tacos but also a great appetizer with chips. This is one of many great taco sides! That watermelon sounds refreshing!
- This refreshing and easy pineapple salsa recipe is vibrant, flavorful, healthy, and delicious! Make it in just 15 minutes. Made with pineapples, red peppers, red onion, lime, cilantro, salt, and jalapeños.
- Elotes (also known as Mexican street corn) feature grilled fresh corn covered in Mexican crema, cotija cheese, and chile-lime seasoning. Nothing hits the spot quite like the sweet, salty, tangy, and spicy flavors. This is one of my all time favorite Mexican side dishes! You can’t beat the flavor packed in each ear of corn!
- Top this easy pressure cooker Fajita Rice, loaded with juicy chicken and lots of cheese, with your favorite toppings to make a tasty side for tacos your whole family will love. This could even be a complete meal by itself, or serve right next to your favorite taco! Great when topped with spicy peppers, black bean salsa or even cilantro lime dressing. Great for leftovers, so grab your soft tortillas for the next Mexican meal!
- Easy Spanish Rice recipe, or Mexican rice if you like to call it that, is so super simple to make. It’s a perfect side dish with your tacos. burritos, casseroles, and more. This is one of many Mexican dishes that is a must-have on taco night!
- When a tortilla shell isn’t packing enough taco flavor for you, turn to a bowl of this delicious Creamy Taco Soup! Made with cream cheese to make it extra creamy!
- Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice pairs perfectly with all your favorite tacos – and it’s a quick and easy recipe to make!
- Chiles Toreados are blistered chile peppers that are found at virtually all Mexican taco stands. They are spicy and incredibly tasty.
- Cucumber Pico de Gallo is a fantastic way to enjoy garden-fresh fruits and vegetables, prepared simply to create a lovely salsa you’ll want to put on everything.
- Learn how easy it is to make delicious Fajita Veggies at home! Sautéed bell peppers and onions that are tender crisp with a bit of charring and seasoned with a super flavorful blend of spices. Use them as a topping or as a side dish! I love anything with a red bell pepper!
- Enjoy this healthy version of Mexican Street Corn Salad (aka Elote corn salad), where flavorful corn is tossed with a light yogurt-mayo lime and cilantro dressing and sprinkled with feta cheese. Who doesn’t love a good Mexican corn salad?! This one looks yummy!
- Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas are a delicious treat that offer flavors perfect for taco night! Smoky chili powder pairs with fresh lime and cilantro seasoning for a crunchy, flavor-packed chickpea side or appetizer! This dish is great along side a taco, or even over some avocado rice!
- Whip up your own red lentil tortillas for tacos that are delicious and packed with a little extra protein! Easy to make in your blender, homemade tortillas are a delicious option to create a taco that is fresh and flavorful with every bite. Would it even be Cinco de Mayo without homemade tortillas? These cook best on medium heat and best eaten at room temperature.
- When you think of guacamole, you think of creamy avocado, spicy jalapenos, tangy onion and garlic, herbaceous cilantro, and bright lime juice. We deliver all of those things, but to a whole new level when we add some sun-kissed sweet peaches to the mix!
- This black bean corn avocado salad has rice to make it extra filling and a tangy lime vinaigrette dressing. It’s delicious and healthy!
- This easy, from-scratch Black Beans recipe combines bold savory flavors like onion, garlic, and smoky cumin with humble beans, and transforms them into something special. Two pantry-staple SECRET ingredients are added at the end to create a wonderfully balanced flavor profile!
- This four ingredient spicy salsa is crying out for tacos and is perfect for those who love a little heat.
- This tasty Arugula Salad combines peppery baby arugula, almond slivers, crisp apple, shaved Parmesan cheese, dried cranberries, and thin sliced red onions all tossed with a light lemon mustard vinaigrette. Enjoy this flavor packed light salad with chicken, fish, beef or pasta.
I hope you’ve been able to pick out some great sides for your next taco night! If you need some ideas for some great taco main dishes, click here to see my other recipes! Let us know what your favorite sides are!
- Pollo Asado Taco Recipe