I love Fall! I think it’s my favorite season. You can wear sweaters and boots, go to bonfires, open the windows, and eat all the yummy flavors of fall. I know most people like all things pumpkin spice this time of year but I prefer anything that is flavored like caramel apples!
But actual caramel apples are such a mess and so hard to eat. So I have this cake that is the perfect flavors of caramel and apples that you can eat with a fork…and enjoy with a warm cup of coffee.
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups Granny Smith apples, approximately 3-4 apples, peeled, chopped in small pieces
- ¾ cups butter (1½ sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325° – heavily grease a bundt pan and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix just until combined.
Slowly fold in the apples until just combined. (You dont want to overmix the batter.)
Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
Bake at 325° for approximately 50-60 minutes. Test it with a butter knife to make sure it’s baked.
Caramel icing instructions:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over low heat, then reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for 10 minutes while you continue to stir the mixture.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Let the icing cool a little so it’s not super hot.
- Just before you add the icing poke a few holes in the cake so the caramel icing can seep into the cake. (I use chopsticks.)
8.) Drizzle the icing all over the cake!
Serve and enjoy!
If you have a party or somewhere you need to bring a dessert this Fall…this is the recipe for you! It is such a delicious moist cake with lots of flavors!
More Fall Recipes:
- Caramel Apple Candy Dip
- The Best Apple Pie
- Easy Caramel Apple Balls
- No Bake Cookie Dough Pumpkin Pops (Gluten Free/Eggless)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles
- How To Easily Cook a Whole Pumpkin in the Slow Cooker
- Best Muffins Ever! Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
- Halloween Snacks – Jack O Lantern Floats
- Homemade Apple Pumpkin Dog Biscuits